Sunday, January 30, 2011

I'm smiling because I love it

I can confirm everything b-mil has said about month 2: The sessions are longer, the circuits within the workouts are longer, and the actual exercises are absurd. I've come dangerously close to puking multiple times. Here are a few examples of moves that have popped into the rotation during month 2--- keep in mind that each of these is done for 45 seconds at a time, which is really another way of saying "until failure at 25 seconds".

Unreasonable move 1: The Balance Push-up. Get into push-up position, but with your elbows close to your sides (so that when you go down you elbows go back along your body rather than outwards to the sides). In this position, perform a push-up--- but, when you get near the top of the motion, lift your right leg and right arm up so they are parallel to the ground. (at this point you are now balancing at the top of the push-up position, but on only your left hand and left foot). Put your hand and foot down, drop, and perform another push-up, this time lifting your left hand and foot in unison. Repeat until vomit ensues.

Unreasonable move 2: Pukies-- Shaun T has a catchier name, but I can't recall it. Perform a standard pushup. However, push up so hard that you actually land on your feet with your hands touching your toes. Jump back down directly to push-up position. Repeat until vomit ensues.

Also, I want to give a big show of respect to B-Mil for admitting on the web that he missed his workout on Friday. Without his show of courage, I would not feel comfortable admitting that I too missed my workout on Friday. I have marginally respectable excuses, but at the end of the day, I skipped the workout when I reasonably could have done it. In any case, my 60-day Insanity program is now a slightly less intense 61-day program and includes a bonus rest day at around the 35-day mark. I feel a little guilty about missing the workout, and if for some crazy reason I don't come out of the program looking like an underwear model, we'll all know it was because I missed that one day. Oh well-- I won't let it happen again.

My much anticipated fit test 3 results are below. Nice improvements all around (except for Pushup Jacks, in which I mysteriously regressed).

I'm smiling because I love it. But seriously month 2 is terrible.

B-Spec out
(now imagine me doing a back spin and almost accidentally knocking out one of the other actors)

B-Spec Fit Tests Test 1 Test 2 Test 3
Switch Kicks 45 58 62
Power Jacks 42 50 57
Power Knees 70 74 107
Power Jumps 30 40 48
Globe Jumps 6 8 8
Suicide Jumps 7 15 15
Push Up Jacks 22 26 25
Low Plank Oblique 14 23 27

No comments:

Post a Comment