Friday, January 28, 2011

Shaun T-isms

I didn't know how I'd feel about Shaun T initially.  As the type of guy that develops this type of workout, I figured he'd be a little too intense and too meatheady for me to like.  Turns out...I love this guy.  He's motivating, while not being annoying.  He says some hilarious stuff, paraphrased below.  I don't have the verbatim sayings, because I'm usually highly oxygen deprived when he's talking, but you'll get the general gist:

1. During opening stretching: "This is about to get super intense, super insane, and I'm smiling because I LOVE IT."

2. During the cool down stretch: "This profession--being a personal trainer--after days like today, I sometimes wonder 'Why do I do this?'  Because I wanna look gooooood!"  One of the other professionals turns to the camera on her and mouths "because he's crazy."

3. "Man.  Do I love killin' people."

These next three are funny, only because they're good instances of Shaun T using the 3rd person, which happens quite a bit:

4. "Whoo!  Shaun T is startin' to sweat and ya'll better be DRIPPIN'"

5. During a push-up exercise: "This is even too much for Shaun T.  I gotta rest.  And then you hit it right back again!"  (This is the only proof I have that he's not a machine)

6. During stretching: "Shaun T is getting nervous for this workout.  Anyone else nervous about what we're about to do here?"

7. While passed out on the floor: "That sh*t is bananas, yo!"  This is funny because they actually bleep it out.  It's taped--if you don't want it in there, you can just cut that clip.  If you want it in there, it's an adult workout DVD...you can just say the word.

Stay Classy,
B Mil

No comments:

Post a Comment