Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shaun T: Cara, how do you feel? Cara: I feel like shit.

Day 9. Haven't shaved in weeks. [thanks Stella] Soreness has subsided, and I've actually begun to not hate the workouts. (This may be a reflection of some emerging mental issue... perhaps insanity.) The exercises are not pleasant, but they make me push much harder than I would if just going for my typical 3-mile run.

I have also begun collecting notes (below) for a new documentary. Working title is "Behind the Insanity: Gauging Shaun T's personal life through the Lens of Insanity Workouts"

>Each Insanity session is filmed in a gym, where Shaun T and a racially diverse group of actors demonstrate each of the moves. Tanya, an actress of an indeterminate race with a killer six pack, is clearly Shaun T's favorite. He regularly finds excuses to touch her while explaining different maneuvers, and she definitely has more than her fair share of screen time. I think there may be some off-camera romance here-- I will continue to track progress of their relationship as we move on to new DVDs.

> Throughout each episode Shaun T is yelling "Faster, More, Push, Push, Push" etc. At the same time, there are words flashing at the bottom of the screen saying "Only do what you can." or "Take rest if needed." Wow, Shaun... talk about Mixed signals. I bet the mixed signals bother Tanya also. I will look for blatant signs tension between the two in future DVDs.

Insanity. This is b-spec out.

P.S. You only have to take your knee up as high as you can go. I can only go up to here because I have big quads. Remember to breathe through the stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment